Thursday, April 2, 2009

proof that I do know how to do my job

Testing Day #1

So yesterday, day 1, was math. I have to walk around the room and watch them take the test to make sure they are doing all the "things" right. Like bubbling in the right places, not marking on the answer sheet where they are not allowed to, not opening another part of the test we are not on, not going back to a part we are already finished with, etc. etc....the list goes on and on. So anyways....I'm walking around and I can see that for the most part my kids did pretty well on the math section. Well at least I think/hope so. None of them got stressed out. They all took their time and I could tell they were doing the work. So we will see when the scores come in....

Testing Day #2

Another successful day. Today was our writing and informational text part. So the writing topic was to write a letter to a friend that you went to school with last year and tell them all the fun things they missed out on this year by not coming back to your school. I about cried tears of EXTREME JOY when I saw this topic!! I can't tell you how many times we have worked on writing letters! I had my kids write a letter at the first of they year and they did so bad on it that we would write letters often just to get into the practice of what a letter is supposed to look like and sound like. I know they had to of done well on that part today! Again I'll have to wait for the true results when the scores come in.....but I am confident! Plus my kids have been extremely confident in themselves these past two days which really really helps!

So.....so far so good!!

YAY!!

I sure did have a lot to say today.....:)

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to hear about the rest of your successful days of testing!!!

    ReplyDelete