Sunday, July 22, 2012

Cheese Fries

Oh how I love me some cheese fries! These are super easy to make! Plus they have this amazing ranch/sour cream sauce that makes them even better!

Fries:
4 large potatoes
1/4 cup olive oil
salt and pepper (I used seasoned salt)
foil **very important**

Ranch/Sour Cream Sauce: **this makes A LOT**
1 cup ranch
1/2 cup sour cream
1/4 cup milk

Toppings:
1 1/2 -2 cups of shredded cheese
1/2 cup real bacon bits

Turn on the oven to 400, line your baking sheet with foil (I did this the first time I made these, and the second time I made these I didn't do this and the potatoes were soft and mushy, the foil made all the difference!). Cut your potatoes and put them on the pan coat them with the olive oil and salt. Place them in the oven for 40 minutes. While that is in the over mix up the ranch/sour cream sauce and put in the fridge. When the potatoes are finished put 1/2 of the sauce on the bottom of a platter (that you can put back in the oven) then your potatoes and top them with the rest of the mixture. Then add your cheese and bacon, place the platter back in the oven for about 5 minutes or until the cheese is melted. Then enjoy!! They are so yummy!

I will tell you that the sauce is A LOT and I didn't put the whole thing on my fries. So I had some left over for the second time I made these and I didn't put it on the plate the second time and just used it to dip the fries into. Both ways are very good, but my very picky husband liked it much better when we could just dip the fries in the sauce.

Thanks for stopping by! I hope you like the fries!




No comments:

Post a Comment