Tuesday, March 17, 2009

this turned into my revelation...

So I am officially certified to teach in Louisiana. I honestly don't know what to think about this. I think that part of me put it off for two years because....I don't know...so many reasons.
*I thought in the back of my mind if I didn't do it, then it would be easier to go home.
*I thought in the back of my mind if I didn't do it, then it would be easier to take getting fired.
*I thought I don't need to do it, we'll be gone soon, and no one will know the difference.
*haha for a while I thought that I couldn't have Texas and Louisiana, so that was another reason I didn't do it, because I didn't want to lose my Texas one...found out that wasn't true......haha

But it's just looking like we are not going home any time soon. This makes me so sad and happy at the same time. I miss all that is home. There is nothing about home that makes me think "Man I sure don't miss that!" I miss my family so much. I miss seeing them often. I am sad that they are doing things together all the time and I am missing so much of it. I feel like they are so far from me. Though I know this isn't true.

I miss my friends so so so so so so very much! They are out doing things all the time, and I wish each time that I could be there. My heart is sad each time I miss a meeting. :(

But then I am happy. I am happy to be someplace different with my amazing husband. I love that we are experiencing this together, and it will be a part of our lives forever. I love that when we try something new here, we are doing it together, and that it's new for both of us. I love that this is a place where people come to visit us. I love that. I love having people to show my "place" to! I do love my job. We all know the things I hate about my job. But I do love my children and the other teachers I work with. These woman have become a huge part of my life. Especially Amy. I just love her. She is a really great friend, and she does a great job of showing me her "place" that is called New Orleans!

The other day I was driving and all I could think about was how great this place is that I'm living in. There are millions of people that take their vacation here, and I LIVE here! It is a fun place to be. There is always so much to do. I love going out and doing anything here.

So for how ever long God's plan is for me to be here. I am ready to face it. I know that some of it will be hard. Since I have seen how some of it has already been hard. I lived through that, and I know I can live through the rest of it. I will be home when He wants me to be home. I also know that the second he says "it's time to go home" I won't hesitate to get my butt on that road home!! But I am enjoying what I have at this moment. Though there are just some days....like Tuesdays ;).....when I really just want to be home.

2 comments:

  1. our hearts are sad when you aren't with us too. but we know one day you'll be back and all will be right with the world. until then, that's why we have blogs!!

    on a good note, i love that you are looking at this as a great opportunity to explore and enjoy being a newly married couple. didn't you tell me just the other day, it's all about His time, not ours. :-)

    I HEART YOU!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sure did tell you that! :) Thanks for reminding me of that! I need that sometimes

    ReplyDelete