Thursday, January 22, 2009

annoyed

You know the #1 thing that I hate about teaching has to be parents! I mean parents can be great, but they can also be an extreme annoyance. Especially if they thing their child can do no wrong and that you are just lie all the time.

So this is because of this one dang parent in my class...don't even get me started on the parent in the other 3rd grade class that tried to get me fired last week.....

So this one parent...of one of my kids right...she is just so dang annoying. Her son is a pretty average student. His grades and kinda low average grades. He could do a lot better, but he doesn't try hard enough.

Well the first problem I had with her was when her son wasn't doing all of his homework so he was making poor homework grades. So she called to complain to me, and I decided I would make a homework sheet that I would make copies of each week for the kids to keep up with and they could write down their homework for each day of the week on the paper I give them. All because of this boy and his annoying mom, and the fact that he is so scatter brained that he couldn't write down all his hw. Okay...well that worked for a little while, and then he started to not write down all of it. He was writing down a few of the things, but not all of the things. Why? I have no idea....so yeah that is an on going problem that I have with them....oh and she expects me to check his hw paper every day to make sure that he has written down everything. Like I have time for that!!



Onto the next problem I have with them....yeah I told the kids on like a mon we will have a science test on wed....and I told them again on tue we will have a science test tomorrow, and I gave them science hw that was EXACTLY the same as the test. So Wednesday came, and I decided to give them an open book/hw science test to make it easier on them. Of course he failed the test.....right you're asking how? Yeah I don't know either....but apparently he didn't tell his mom that he had a test in science on Wednesday. She saw the failing grade when he brought it home FOR A SECOND CHANCE TO RAISE HIS GRADE! That's right after they take tests I send them home to be signed and corrected with a parent and I will raise their grade to either passing or add 10 points if they already passed. This is when she called me all pissed that he failed a test that he had no idea he was going to have. So I told her oh yes he did know he had this test, and it was an open book and hw test....but no it wasn't good enough for her. It wasn't good enough for her either that he had the second chance to raise his grade...whatever!

So then a few weeks later she calls me again to complain about how low his science and social studies grades are. I explained to her why they were so low, and it only pissed her off. We pretty much got into it on the phone. She cont to tell me who wrong it was of me to not give them a better grade. FYI for SS we do 1 worksheet a week, it has mon, tue, wed, thur, and friday part on each ws. For each day you read a short paragraph and answer 2-4 questions about it. I did this worksheet with them for about 10 weeks everyday and slowly worked my way to them doing the worksheet alone. He doesn't read the paragraphs at all, and fails everyone...and you wonder why he is failing SS?

So just now I got a call from another teacher at school who just so happens to be this boys teacher from last year. She is now the asst. dean of students and deals with discipline. So today the boy was running out of my class after school and she got onto him for running, and then she said "I'll see you tomorrow" to him. Which of course meant that he had ISS. You see that too right? yeah! Well that's what he told his mother. So the mother called last years teacher to complain about the whole ISS bs, and then proceeded to complain to her about me!

The mom told her that the boy doesn't even have time to write the hw down b/c I write it down and then erase it too quickly!!! THAT IS SOOOO A LIE!!! Here is the best part of that I write down the hw, and I don't erase it until the NEXT day AFTER I have checked everyone's hw!!

The mom also told her that he isn't doing as good in the class as she would like, and that it's all my fault!

I want to punch this woman in the face!!! I feel like I should call her and be like wtf?!? But I don't want her to think that she can't confide in another teacher.


There have been too many things this week that have really had me questioning my job at my school, and I don't understand it. :( So frustrated!!!!

2 comments:

  1. i am so sorry you have to deal with this - why is she ganging up on you? is it something you can talk to the principal about or will that not help?

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh she just is an annoying parent...she has her ups and downs, but she usually gets over it and does nothing.

    ReplyDelete